An appealing write-up I have came across that has a number of things to study on. You could look it over and find what you think.
WordPress 3.0 is more than just the next in a long line of WordPress releases. It will see the merging of WordPress with WordPress MU (multi-user), which lets you run as many blogs as you like with a single install, a move that’s been widely welcomed by the blogging community. Besides this major advancement, however, little has been announced about any further updates to WordPress 2.9. Messageboards are currently awash with demanding bloggers, listing the new features they most want to see and the plugins they want shifted into core. Below you’ll find the 9 new features that are most in demand.
1. Multi-Domain Support
The merging of WordPress and WordPress MU has not really been designed with the common blogger in mind. It’s been made to suit large organizations like universities who want to offer blogs to all their students under one domain. Multi-domain support, whereby users can manage blogs with different domains from one back-end, is easily the one change that most people are calling for. The merge with MU could prove to be the best possible time for some type of multiple domain capability to be included
2. A New Theme
Many people are calling for a new default theme to be added to WordPress 3.0. Users are getting bored with the current offering. Some people are even calling for a skeleton default theme, which can easily be tailored to suit individual needs. The idea of having a default theme that’s better suited to non-blog sites is also particularly popular.
3. Improved Back-End
We want a new, quicker-to-load-and-run back-end to WordPress, and preferably one that’s theme-able.
In particular need of attention are the settings and tools tabs, which can quickly get overrun with links from plugins, which tend to be ordered in an entirely haphazard way. Furthermore, it would be great to be able to try out the back-end of a new theme for a period of a few weeks, without visitors seeing a change to the site.
4. Page and Post Reordering
Reordering pages should surely be easier than it is now. A drag and drop page editor, for reordering, is long overdue. Many users have over 1,000 posts in their blog, which quickly become unmanageable. There should be tools available for arranging them thematically for readers.
5. Increased Security
Unsurprisingly, improved security features are high up on many bloggers’ list of priorities. With MU as standard, security might well become even more of an issue. Improved registration, with admin configurable registration features and compulsory extra fields would be great. Furthermore, lots of people are not happy with the way WordPress transmits and stores passwords in plain text.
6. Integration with Canonical Plugins
A relatively new idea, canonical plugins are developed by communities rather than individuals and are designed to address the most common problems in the most exceptional manner. These canonical plugins will be a true extension of WordPress core and people want to ensure that they’re integrated effectively into the latest WordPress release.
The subject of image galleries pops up very regularly when discussing the most wanted features for 3.0. People want to have the same power over their image content as they currently have over their written content, and quite right too! There are numerous conflicting demands, but most people simply want some type of Flickr look-alike. Being able to share your albums with other users is also a popular idea.
8. Image Manipulation
Besides galleries, there’s a strong feeling in the WordPress community that the current method of uploading images is far too restricting and needs a serious overhaul. There is no reason, for instance, why the source code is linked to each image automatically or why WordPress automatically selects a different size image from the original when you upload it. Surely we need custom image sizes ? not just thumbnails, medium and large.
9. A Built In Welcome
Many WordPress users are still harboring a grudge over how difficult they found it to set up their site when they first registered. It would be great if there was a built-in “Welcome to WordPress” guide for first time users, allowing them to change settings, add profiles, edit comment options, add widgets, pick themes and more, with the ability to skip quickly through if necessary.
What is so SPECIAL on ASPHostDirectory.com Hosting?
We know that finding a cheap, reliable web host is not a simple task so we’ve put all the information you need in one place to help you make your decision. At ASPHostDirectory, we pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and want to make sure they have all the details they need before making that big decision.
We will work tirelessly to provide a refreshing and friendly level of customer service. We believe in creativity, innovation, and a competitive spirit in all that we do. We are sound, honest company who feels that business is more than just the bottom line. We consider every business opportunity a chance to engage and interact with our customers and our community. Neither our clients nor our employees are a commodity. They are part of our family.
The followings are the top 10 reasons you should trust your online business and hosting needs to us:
– FREE domain for Life – ASPHostDirectory gives you your own free domain name for life with our Professional Hosting Plan and 3 free domains with any of Reseller Hosting Plan! There’s no need to panic about renewing your domain as ASPHostDirectory will automatically do this for you to ensure you never lose the all important identity of your site
– 99,9% Uptime Guarantee – ASPHostDirectory promises it’s customers 99.9% network uptime! We are so concerned about uptime that we set up our own company to monitor people’s uptime for them called ASPHostDirectory Uptime
– 24/7-based Support – We never fall asleep and we run a service that is opening 24/7 a year. Even everyone is on holiday during Easter or Christmast/New Year, we are always behind our desk serving our customers
– Customer Tailored Support – if you compare our hosting plans to others you will see that we are offering a much better deal in every aspect; performance, disk quotas, bandwidth allocation, databases, security, control panel features, e-mail services, real-time stats, and service
– Money Back Guarantee – ASPHostDirectory offers a ?no questions asked’ money back guarantee with all our plans for any cancellations made within the first 30 days of ordering. Our cancellation policy is very simple – if you cancel your account within 30 days of first signing up we will provide you with a full refund
– Experts in Hosting – Given the scale of our environment, we have recruited and developed some of the best talent in the hosting technology that you are using. Our team is strong because of the experience and talents of the individuals who make up ASPHostDirectory
– Daily Backup Service – We realise that your website is very important to your business and hence, we never ever forget to create a daily backup. Your database and website are backup every night into a permanent remote tape drive to ensure that they are always safe and secure. The backup is always ready and available anytime you need it
– Easy Site Administration – With our powerful control panel, you can always administer most of your site features easily without even needing to contact for our Support Team. Additionally, you can also install more than 100 FREE applications directly via our Control ?Panel in 1 minute!
At ASPHostDirectory.com, our mission is to provide a range of innovative, reliable and easy-to-use Internet solutions to our customers and to support them with unprecedented, personalized support. For more information, visit http://asphostdirectory.com. You can also find our official blog at http://dotnethost.wordpress.com
I thought that was interesting. Feel free to leave your comments below.
Find More WordPress Administration Articles